Kennedy Grace Kulas was born 6/8/11 @ 10:10 am. At about 5 days old she was dignosed with CHARGE Syndrome and Dandy Walker Malformation. She is a blessing to our family. We hope you join us on this wonderful road we are taking! "Denstined for Greatness; But pacing myself"
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
GI Appt
Last week we got the go ahead from the GI Dr. to put Kennedy on the BD- Blenderized Diet ( which is where you take real food and put it into the blender and make it thin enough to push through her G-tube) We are VERY excited about this because we have heard nothing but good things it does for the kids. I am hoping with this she will stop throwing up and start to put on some weight! Keni is about 14lbs 3oz and I would like to keep her moving up in the weigh department. We met with a Dietitian today who told us for Keni age she should be about 19lbs ( I laughed out loud and said if she weighs that at two I would be happy). We are hoping to have a diet plan by Friday of this week and then we will get started! We are finally getting rid of the feeding pump WOO HOO! ( one less bag to carry around) Wewill just push her feeds in with a syringe which takes about 10 mins . We used to put her on the pump for a hour seven times a day. So, to go from that to 10mins 5 or 6 times a day makes us SO happy! ( and Kennedy too)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so anxious to see how this goes for you! We'll hopefully be starting more of this soon, too!
ReplyDeleteWaiting on the menu to get approved by her Dr. .. Can't wait to get started
ReplyDelete