Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dr. Day

So today we had a very busy day ( thanks nana for tagging along) went started off by visiting the GI dr. at MUSC. Finally, we got the go ahead to start Kennedy on a BD and only have to come back in a month to ck her progress ( whatever the answer was today THIS momma was going to do it anyway). I am super excited even though I have had her on the diet for three days now. She is doing very well, we have stop feeding her at night and she has still continuing to sleep 10 to 11 hours YEAH! So now I can offically taking one more bag of the list of crap we bring just to run to store, three down one to go ! After leaving downtown we headed to North Charleston to visit for the first time with a facial palstic surgeon. She explained to us about how the facial nerves work and what could be going on with Keni. She said that after Kennedy's MRI later this year she will be able to tell us more about what keni has or doesn't have in the facial nerve dept. She also said their are things they can do for Kennedy to help her show facial expression but it would not be untill Kennedy gets a little older ( which is fine I just wanted to find out some answer about WHY she didn't show expression) Long explantation short is that she feels kennedy does have what she needs to show expression but they may be malformed or very small but won't be able to confirm that till after the MRI. I think Kennedy not smiling is one of the hardest things I deal with these days but it did help to at least know why. I am still dealing with this one thing that at this point I can not do anything about :(

No comments:

Post a Comment