Kennedy Grace Kulas was born 6/8/11 @ 10:10 am. At about 5 days old she was dignosed with CHARGE Syndrome and Dandy Walker Malformation. She is a blessing to our family. We hope you join us on this wonderful road we are taking! "Denstined for Greatness; But pacing myself"
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Trach Pinic May 12, 2012
Last Saturday we took Kennedy to the 1st annual trach picnic that was thrown by MUSC. She had a great time she got her face painted with a little lady bug ( it lasted about 5 mins) but it was so cute while it was there. She also got to put her hand print on a tile and with that red paint you could just imagine how that went YIKES! :) One of the best things about going was meeting other parents who have been or still in the same boat as us. It was a place that you could turn on your suction machine and not worry about people starring or making comments. It was a great place to get to share your story and hear others as well. While we were there I was approached by a lady name Cynthia who proceeded to tell me that her daughter Serenity also had CHARGE syndrome. You would have thought she told me that I had one the lottery!!!! It was great for me to talk with her about her experience. Her daughter was 21 months and walking with a walker! I think I might have talked her ear off with all my questions but I just had to ask and she was very friendly and didn't mind at all. I was glad that Keni got to meet her 1st little CHARGEr just like her! They were so cute next to each other! You would think I would have a picture to show you but I didn't want to seem like a weirdo and ask Hey I know we just met but can I get a picture of you daughter !?!?! ( But looking back and if I had the chance I would do it in a heart beat ! )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment