"Busy, busy, busy!" That is what describes our lives right now. After a much needed break for the last six months with doctor appointments, Kennedy's schedule is now again in full throttle. She had another nasal dilation on July 12th and it went very well. She is scheduled for another one next month and will likely have at least one more before the year is over. I am hoping if we keep up with cleaning of the scar tissue, Keni will have a better chance of keeping her nose open. Only time will tell if Kennedy's nose will stay open, but I feel really good that this time it will stay open and we will get that trach out soon!

Well..... let me tell you what little Miss Sassy Pants did last Sunday. After getting home from work, I was putting Kennedy into the bath when I noticed Little Miss had pulled out her trach. Grrrrrr. Not knowing how long it had been out I proceeded to put it back in with no luck. After Jeremy tried as well, we decided to head down to MUSC. I am so thankful for Kennedy's ENT team! On a Sunday evening, Carissa, her ENT PA, came and met us at the ER. After five hours and multiple attempts they were able to get a trach back in. Kennedy did show us however that she does not need a trach during the day. She was keeping her stats at 100% for the five hrs she was without it. Now we just need to get her to do that at night when she sleeps and we will be golden.

As some of you may know, we are packing up and heading out to Scottsdale, AZ, this upcoming week for the 11th annual CHARGE conference. I am very anxious about flying with Kennedy. Mostly about TSA and getting checked in at the airport, but also about forgetting something for her trach that I can't get at the local Walmart. I am very excited to meet all my FB friends and their kiddos. Joselain will be performing in the American idol competition they will be hosting, and I already get teary eyed just thinking about her up there. I will post lots of pictures and share our great experience when we get back.

...and here is a throw back to a moment we will never forget.

I can't believe you couldn't get that trach back in. Good thing she does so well without it!!! We can't wait to meet you guys!!!!
ReplyDelete