What a week it has been! There have been really good highs and not so good lows but we made it through. Kennedy went into to surgery Wednesday morning around 9:15 a.m. and got through at around 11 a.m.. Her Dr. says that it went off without a hitch! He did let us know that the pressure in her brain was a little high, nothing to crazy, but higher than normal. For me that gave me some relief. As you know, I was having some doubts as to whether this was something Keni required; but hearing him tell me that her pressure was high made me happy to know I did make the right decision for her, she needed this. During the night at the hospital Kennedy did have some issues with her temperature but the Dr. told us that it was completely normal. After a very sleepless night, Kennedy and I broke out of that joint bright and early Thursday morning. Kennedy is back to her normal self, which was another fear of mine. I was scared that Kennedy might wake up and not be herself anymore (I mean it was brain surgery for crying out loud!). Thankfully, Kennedy is her feisty, silly, and crazy normal once again. She is still dealing with an up and down temperature; it got to about 102 degrees yesterday and she had a little vomiting so we took her down to MUSC emergency room last night. The neurosurgeon felt that she was looking good and that temperature was still fine to continue with tylenol, but if she still can't get it under control by Sunday night to come back (so lets keep are fingers crossed). So, after at least a $1200.00 ER fee and my peace of mind we are home and doing fine. I want to thank everyone again for all your thoughts and prayers!
Kennedy being silly before surgery.

Don't you love her crazy hair after surgery? They said that they washed her hair. So, I asked with what ? vaseline!


Kennedy back to her normal playing with bubbles in the tub.

Location:Goose Creek
Kennedy is so beautiful. We are so lucky to be a part of this wonderful family! You are inspirations to all of us here up north. Know that you are in our thoughts always. JK&K
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am glad we have this blog so that you guys can be apart of our wonderful,scary and fun ride
ReplyDelete