Thursday, October 11, 2012

One more down, more to come

Kennedy is back to herself and finally broke that fever. We have a check-up with the neurosurgeon on Oct 16th but I am expecting everything to be just fine. Kennedy also has a Dr. appt. with her plastic surgeon next Wednesday to talk about her MRI results of her facial nerve. Our ENT told us a little bit about the results saying that her facial nerves are in the wrong place due to the fact that her inner ears are form differently than normal. I am very eager to hear what the plastic's Dr. has to say about treatment if there is any. As you know her lack of facial expression is one of the hardest things I deal with but everyday is getting easier and if I need a reminder about how LUCKY I am, I just talk to some of the other moms on the CHARGE FB page. Kennedy still needs a surgery to fix her tear duct in her left eye and it was supposed to be in Nov. I have decided to push it off till next year because of this unexpected shunt surgery, I don't want her under anesthesia again this year. Okay enough of that! It's fall people, time for pumpkins, candy, food , and family and I am very excited ! Kennedy and Joselain have a costume birthday party this weekend. Kennedy is going as a lady bug and Jos as a robot ( that she is making herself) can't wait to post pics to show you guys how cute they are :)




Kennedy after I put a little frosting on her face. She tasted a little of it but was not to impressed.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you get some good news about Kennedy's facial nerves. That aspect is hard for me too, I think because it is one of the most obvious signs that something may not be right. So glad she's recovered quickly, she must have an amazing momma. :)

    ReplyDelete