April 20th 2013, was a big day for the local SC CHARGE kiddos and their families. We all met at a park here in Charleston, SC for the 1st annual CHARGE picnic. Even though the weather was not the greatest, very chilly, it was a great day. Unfortunately, four families had to cancel, but we still had a decent turn out. I was so blessed to meet three local boys: Andrew 16, Andrew 10 and Jackson 6. They were such wonderful young men who gave me a glimpse of what the future can hold for Kennedy. I must say the future is looking good! Not only did I meet these fine young men, but I got to meet their wonderful parents. We exchanged stories and experiences. Even though they are all different, there was still common bonds between them: Love, strength, determination, and willingness to do whatever it takes to make our children have the best of the best. I can not wait to meet them again next year along with all the others who could not make this year. I was glad to meet several members of the SC Deaf and Blind Project program. It meant a lot that they took time out of their lives to come meet with the families they help navigate through all the different programs and resources available in SC. I can't wait until next year's 2nd annual picnic. Thankfully, I won't have to wait to long to meet all the families again because they will be at the CHARGE conference in July (more details on that soon). I want to let everyone know that I am selling decals for vehicles to help raise money for our 2nd annual CHARGE picnic; all to help fund a face painter, jump house, food, etc... basically, anything that will make more fun for the kids. They are $5.00 and I will post a picture below. If you would like one or want to just donate please let me know. You can email me at kulas.ashley@gmail.com with your address so I can send you one and more details. I will say overall the event was a wonderful success!!!!






Annaleigh helping Kennedy up the hill.

Andrew age 10.



Kennedy loves her balloons
Location:Gator Park
No comments:
Post a Comment