Sunday, September 23, 2012

One more surgery ......






On Thursday Jeremy and I went to meet with Kennedy neuro Dr. about her shunt placement. After a lot of questions and discussion we have to decided to go ahead and have the shunt placed. The Dr. said that we could wait a couple of weeks or months but he would not recommend longer than that. We booked the surgery for Oct 3rd. Kennedy will have to stay over night (Grrr... I hate staying there but understand why) and should be able to go home Thursday afternoon. This has been hard on Jeremy and I because Keni shows know signs of needed a shunt so for us it is like putting her through something that you don't see the need for . We know that we might not see them now but in a few months to a year when her skull fuses we will see them and we don't want to wait until it becomes a emergency situation . The surgeon says it should only take about 30 mins to place the shunt, so I am glad it's not a long procedure. The infection rate is 1 and 10 (for us that is high) and that makes us a little scared. So everyone please keep Kennedy in your thoughts and prayers. We know that Keni is one strong will little kiddo and she will do just fine.

1 comment:

  1. ♥♡♥♡♥♡ you guys! My lil namesake baby will pull through like a champ!

    ReplyDelete